Friday, October 31, 2008

Part III: Girl's Weekend

This past weekend I was able to be apart of something amazing: a whole weekend of no kids, no cooking, no cleaning, etc. Brian's mom put us all up in a hotel on the Riverwalk while we attended the Life Seminar and Time Out for Women all day Friday and Saturday-it was so much fun. There were amazing speakers and artists and I especially enjoyed hearing from Sheri Dew and Wayne Nelson on Friday. Here we are eating on the Riverwalk at Landry's.
And again at Chili's



Besides the amazing nourishment (physically and spiritually!), we had a lot of fun just hanging out at the hotel. Heather brought us all these cute denim hats she got at a boutique.

Did I mention how nice it was to get a break, this picture pretty much summarizes how I felt:

Saturday night we surprised Brittani for her 22nd birthday and had a bunch of her friends and family meet at Acenar on the Riverwalk for dinner and cake. My mom even came to San Antonio since her sister Ilene was here from Utah working at the Time Out for Women.

I think Madison already forgot who I was!

The birthday girl and her new BF Matt-for details on how we feel about Matt-see Jamie's blog!

The yummy cake! (don't know why it turned out sideways-sorry!)


Then Sunday we all got together again after church to celebrate Brent's 17th birthday.

I'm sure he'd hate it, but I loved his grin in this picture!

All the siblings-Brian really comes from an amazing family and I feel so blessed to be a part of it.
His parents have been an amazing example of how we want to raise our family and I am so grateful for all that they have done and continue to do for us.


All in all, it was a much needed break and I feel like it was a perfect getaway before the baby comes. It was so much fun to hang out with my aunt Ilene from Utah and my mom stayed Sunday night as well! Monday she helped me get everything ready for the big day and it feels so good to have everything in order-thanks for all your help mom.
. . . . . .More to come

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like so much fun! Looks like you picked a fun family to marry into. :)

Jenni said...

You guys have such a fun big happy family! All the photos look great. Girls weekend sounds amazing...once my sister grows up and my brothers get married we will have to start having those. I love the picture of little Madison as a newborn...I never saw her that tiny!

Julianne said...

What a fun packed month. We just barely missed you at Jamie and Paul's, and I was in San Antonio last weekend, too. For sure when your little Jackson comes we will have to plan a visit so we can meet him.