Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bastrop Visit

This past weekend we went to Bastrop to visit my family and grandparents. We were so excited to see them-especially since this was their first trip to Texas. The last time I saw them was at our wedding almost three years ago so they were so excited to meet Madison and visit. The best part about my parents house is being out in the country. Madison loved playing outside and especially loved the hose!
The other great part is the fact that my parents do catering on the side and so we eat like kings and queens everytime we visit. Here is my dad roasting corn, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, and mushrooms on their huge roaster.

Can you tell that I am to the very uncomfortable phase? It was nice to sit back and relax for a while though-only six more weeks now-I hope Jackson comes early-but with my luck and history-probably NOT!

When we tell Madison to say cheese now she tells us "No" and points her finger at us. She is becoming quite the sassy girl.

My adorable grandma and grandpa Morgan!

A group shot minus my brother who always seems to disappear around this time. We had so much fun and loved seeing everyone!
I was so excited to get a swing for Jackson this week. Luckily Madison thought it was interesting but didn't try to climb in it or anything at first. I was hoping we wouldn't have to deal with her wanting to be in it- yet I turn around for one minute and Brian thought it was so cute to let her swing in it. Luckily she is a tiny girl so I know that she won't break it but I don't want her climbing in on Jackson so I tried to teach her that it was for babies.

But everytime I turn around now she has climbed into it and is swinging side to side. I don't know what I am going to do!

She is such a doll though and I can't wait for her to be a big sister-I think she will do great!

11 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

I can't wait to see him either! And of course Madison will be a great big sister! She's such a sweetie really. I miss you guys! I"m sad that you are out of commission at the gym...but you'll probably be back 2 weeks after having the baby!

Molly said...

cutie pants. sorry, she probably learned the sass from Hali!! haha p.s. all that food sounded yum! lucky.....

Jenni said...

I love her little flower shirt with those capris! I can't believe that your little guy will be here so soon, that is so exciting!

JoEllen said...

Madison is such a cutie. I love the picture of her drinking out of the hose. Kids just don't care, do they? It's always so nice to visit with family you haven't seen in a while. It looks like you guys had a really nice visit. Good luck with your last 6 uncomfortable weeks! We can't wait to see pictures of your new addition.

Hillery said...

Congrats on your good Craigslist finds. With baby stuff, I think that's the way to go. Madison's outfit is adorable. Maybe I can find it in my size....

Sabs said...

ha ha i love the sassiness! the finger and all:) reminds me of another little girl i know.... hooray 6 more weeks!!!!

katie said...

sorry but you still look just barely pregnant!

so cute and what a fun family visit. those are the best, huh??!!??

Jill said...

I'm glad you had a fun weekend! Your pictures look great and you are looking so good!

The Shirleys said...

Madison is so cute. I love the picture of her with the hose. I love the independent stage. It can be very frustrating, but they do some of the funniest things!

I hope have him early and that everything goes well!

Jamie Smith said...

I haven't checked blogs in forever! That's so good you got to go visit you family@

I love the pictures of Madison in the swing, especially with her stuffed animals! She is so cute! I miss her!

Chelsea said...

Madison is such a cute girl. You are so tiny and look so great! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!