Saturday, November 1, 2008

Part IV: Pumpkin Patch and Halloween

PUMPKIN PATCH
Before my Mom left, we decided to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out the perfect pumpkin (which we didn't even carve) and Madison was such a doll!


Isn't this the cutest pose!

Grandma and Madison with Madison's selection of the perfect pumpkin.

I love this next picture, it looks like she is playing hide-n-seek with someone!

We couldn't decide at first on the perfect pumpkin and Madison seemed just as undecisive.
TRUNK OR TREAT
Since we missed our ward's trunk or treat, we decided to hit up the Leon Valley's party and enjoyed visiting with everyone we don't always see. Madison was such a cute witch and Brian put a lot of time and effort into his costume!
Trying to get a pose-it is so difficult catching her before she runs off somewhere. I was so excited at first because it seemed like she didn't mind her hat.

But she let me know rather quickly that it would not be worm all night-in fact she would be taking it off very soon!

It was fun handing candy out to the kids but Madison didn't really get into it very much. Once she went to one car and realized she had obtained candy-she was done and ready to indulge.
She also figured that it wasn't worth working for it when we had a huge bowl in the back of the jeep-so she remained there the rest of the night!

TRICK-OR-TREATING!
Friday night we decided to take Madison to the houses in our neighborhood-hoping she would participate and not stop at the first sign of candy. Luckily, Clayton showed up and they were both immediately excited.
We waited around for awhile waiting for signs of other trick-or-treaters and thought we would let the kids get warmed up with a piece of candy. Madison was all for relaxing and eating chocolate while we waited.

She even wanted to share her spoils with little Lucy who was the cutest lady bug!
I think we got impatient and eventually started the night for the whole neighborhood-luckily others joined along very quickly. Brittani and Matt handed out candy while we went! There was one house that was decked out with decorations and had a scary skeleton by the front door that would of a sudden start talking. It kinda scared me at first but Madison and Clayton loved it and kept laughing at it!

They were so cute together and would hold hands from house to house-unfortunately I could not get a decent picture of this Kodak moment but here is the cutest thing I was able to capture.
It was such a fun night and being our first year not in an apartment, I loved getting to hand candy out and seeing all the different costumes. Madison did really well although her stomach was not used to the sweets and she exploded during the night and now has the rawest, blistered bum which made today a lot of FUN! Poor girl. Hope everyone had a great Halloween and I can't believe it is NOVEMBER!

13 comments:

JoEllen said...

Madison really is such a doll. I LOVE the picture of her and Clayton hugging! Kids are so cute! Her expressions at the pumpkin patch are really to die for!

Courtney said...

Madison is too cute. I love her little pigtails. The pic of her giving attitude about her hat is so funny, I love it!

Marcie said...

Wow, you weren't kidding about having a lot of post to upload. glad to see you got it working. It sounds like you have had a very eventful past couple of weeks. let me know if you need help with the relaxing part of life before the baby comes. is there such a thing?

Julianne said...

Madison makes such a beautiful witch.

The Blaisdell Family said...

Madison is adorable!!! Avery was suppose to be a witch too, but she hated her hat so we used the bunny costume we had on hand.

I love all the pictures of her at the pumpkin patch and hugging her friend. What a sweet girl!

Kajsa said...

madison is so cute! you dont have too much longer! im excited to see your new little guy!

Hillery said...

Dang it! I missed seeing madison in her outfit. I can tell she looked fantastic. And that pic with her and Clayton hugging is priceless!

The Shirleys said...

I can't believe how much hair Madison has. I love the pumpkin patch pictures. She is so cute!!

James & Kristen said...

Madison looks so darn cute! You guys have a beautiful family. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, though. :( We'll have to catch up sometime!

Christine said...

How sweet! Madison is such a cutie pie, I love her in he little witch hat- especially that one with her, "I'm taking this thing off" look. When are you coming in for your massage!!! Oh, and I tagged you on my blog, if you have a second to do one of these darn little thingy's. Oh, and congrats on getting Brian to dress up at all. Scott absolutely refuses. People would ask him what he was, and his reply was, "A banker on casual Friday." (Trunk-or-Treat was on a Friday).

Jill said...

I just love these pictures! Madison is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Madison is such a doll. I love the photos, it makes me want to get my camera out and take more pictures.
I wish you guys lived closer. We miss you so much.

Love ya,

Aunt Renae

Renae said...

Ok, now i'm not anonymous,
I love the pictures of Madison. She is so beautiful. It seems like you just got married. How could she be 2 already. I'm so excited she gets to have a little brother.