Friday, October 31, 2008

October in Review! Part I

Thanks to Rachel, I finally was able to get pictures to load-so beware there are tons. Here is a catch up of the past month and all the fun things we have been able to do:

PIE NIGHT & CONFERENCE WEEKEND
The Smith's decided to come visit for the weekend and we were so excited to meet little Owen for the first time. The highlight of the weekend was probably the famous pie night the Konkle's hosted again this year-they were sooo yummy! It was so fun visiting with everyone.

During Priesthood, we got the girls together to hang out and visit with Jamie. It was a lot of fun and yet again-more yummy food!

Conference was amazing as usual, although you just don't seem to get as much out of it when kids are in the picture. I decided not to stress about getting to fully enjoy it and just watch it later in the week on the church's website (amazing!). Brian also took the relaxed approach:

This picture sure brought back memories. I can't believe it has been almost two years since we had Madison and soon we will be going through it all over again!


OWEN'S BLESSING
The following weekend we were able to go to Hempstead and visit with family. I went to the Waller Ward's super saturday that Brian's mom organized (with 34 projects offered-HOLY COW) while he went wakeboarding with Brent. On Sunday we headed down to Kingwood for little Owen's blessing.

The family who were able to come


Enjoying a delicious fajita dinner!

Owen is so adorable! I hope Jackson turns out just as cute. The bar has been set pretty high in our family with adorable nephews!


FAMILY REUNION
The next weekend we were so lucky to be able to go to the Heber-Davis family reunion and celebrate Grandpa Jack's 90th birthday. It just so happened that it fell on the same weekend as the TDA convention here in San Antonio, so Brian had Thursday and Friday off from school. We flew into Las Vegas Thursday night and drove to Mesquite where everything was held. Here we are enjoying a delicious buffet at our hotel (can you tell I am pregnant and LOVE food? Well Dr. Cherney sure could when I weighed in after all our vacations-oh well right!)

All the girls with the birthday boy!

The whole family! I couldn't believe that there were over 150 people that showed up from all over. (Just kidding I accidentally just deleted that picture) so here is the Black family:


And another picture that was supposed to be at the top of this section-oh well please forgive the sloppiness of this post!


Overall, it was a lot of fun and it was so nice to get away for the weekend. We are so grateful for The Black's and everything they did to let us be apart of the reunion.
So, more to come in a little while!

2 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Holy busy!! I'm glad you got the pictures to work. I've noticed it still doesn't work right when I try using a URL instead of just directly uploading from my computer. SO frustrating.

You look SO good for being due so soon Jami. I can't believe you are gonna have another one in just a little bit! I'm so excited to see this little guy. Madison is absolutely adorable so there's no doubt he will be a handsome little man!! Can't wait!

Glad you've been able to get so much family time in too. That would be nice to have that much family around with so many people close to your age! Talk about fun!

Keep the posts coming. Can't wait to read more!

THE ORMES said...

What a fun, fun, fun October!! It sounds like you're nice and ready for the baby, which is wonderful; I don't think you can ask for anything better than to feel ready. Oh and glad I could help out with the uploading. I'm not sure what made me think to try it, but amen to inspiration!!

Anyways glad to get an update and can't wait for the new baby post!