Friday, March 7, 2008

Weekend Getaway!

This past weekend we were able to go to Hempstead to visit with family. It was initially supposed to be a girls weekend but the guys talked their way into being apart of the fun. Madison's favorite part was seeing Eric again-it had been way too long!
The festivities began Friday night with delicious homemade pizza that Jolynne made! It was soooo yummy!

Brittani gave the suggestion for homemade ice cream with our pizookies which sounded great until we realized her machine was broken and we'd have to do it manually. We each took turns and it ended up taking about an hour. For some reason, Brian is not pictured-he usually finds other things he "needs" to do, but he sure did enjoy the fruits of our labor!

I think Jamie was trying to convince me that it was my turn again in this picture- Ha!

We were all so excited that Heather flew down from Utah with her newest little boy Joshua.

Grandpa Hal couldn't figure out how to get Madison to want to come to him but quickly learned that just like her mom, the quickest way to heart heart was sweets. He spoiled her with lots of ice cream.

Saturday we attended the Stake Relief Society Enrichment Activity where we all spoke as part of the introduction of the event for a few minutes on the theme, "Home is Where the Heart Is." It was an amazing experience and I felt so blessed to be represented as part of such an amazing family. After speaking, we attended three different classes of our choice.

After the activity, Jolynne treated us to Red Robin which was delicious!

Then we went shopping and then to the drive in showing of "Spiderwick." It was a fun movie and was so much fun (it was my first time at a drive in).

Truly it was an awesome day being able to hang out with the girls-I am so grateful that Jolynne plans these kinds of events, especially since both Madison and Eric were teething and everytime we heard from the guys the kids were screaming in the background!

Sunday we went to church with the whole family and then Brian took Heather and Joshua to the airport and the Smith's took off. We already miss everyone like crazy!


Thanks so much Jolynne for everything you do! We had so much fun and appreciate the memories you create for our family!

7 comments:

Marcie said...

that pizza looks amazing and hopefully the ice cream was well worth all of the work. That is so neat that you all were able to speak. It would have been neat to hear all the different perspectives from women in the same family. What a great get-a-way weekend.

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

how great to have familly around...sounds like such a fun weekend, and that pizza looked so good!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Dang that pizza looks good! I love tomatoes like that on pizza. YUMMY! Too funny about the icecream. I can see why Brian was "busy":)

Jamie's mom is so awesome!! I love how she always seems to have something planned for the family. She's such a neat lady!

Glad you got a break from a teething baby:)!!

The Shirleys said...

That looks like you had such a fun weekend! I love home made icecream. I haven't had any for a long long long time. Glad you all had fun!

Hillery said...

Homemade ice cream + pizookies = HEAVEN!! Even though I'm not a member of the Smith family, I wish I was there!

Paul said...

I'm impressed with how fast you got pictures up! I loved all the ice cream and pizza pictures! That's making me hungry!

I loved the comment about the teething babies! Paul has NEVER been so excited to go to work on Monday before. I think he had all the father-son time he could handle.

Well, we miss you guys too! I defintily need to get up there sometime!

Paul said...

By the way, the Paul comment is actually from me.
- Jamie