Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!

Friday we did an easter egg hunt for the girls at Raymond Rimkus park and had a lot of fun. Teigan did really well but the younger girls weren't as ambitious! Here is Teigan cheesing for the camera.
Maddie had no desire to find more than a couple eggs-what was the point; taking the few in and out was a lot more fun!

Madison started out a little slow but once she picked up on the object she was going for all the eggs- we had to take some out of her basket and keep hiding them to keep her occupied!


This is not a great picture-but it was the only one with our eyes mostly open and smiles from most of us!

Madison was so adorable-I loved purple on her! She actually wore pig tails for a little while at church too!

After church Joy called and said that they had made a few eggs and wanted us to come outside and hunt for a few minutes! This next picture is so hilarious-Brian and I joked around saying that it looks like we made her go outside early and hatch the eggs !!!!!


She seemed to have it down this time and she kept double checking everywhere to make sure she wasn't overlooking an egg!


Maddie did a great job too, although once she realized there were toys in some of the eggs and FROGS she was satisfied-Chuck finally had to take them away so she would attempt to hunt again.


AAAAHHHH! A sweet moment with my hubby!

And one with Madison too-as you can tell by her facial expression-she isn't as cuddly as she used to be-I usually get pushed away now!

Madison attention diverted quickly from eggs to ACORNS! She loved picking them up and thanks to Brian's demonstration . . . .



trying to eat them. I think you can tell by my look how pleased I am with this new hobby!


Overall, it was a lot of fun and we loved being able to watch the girls have a good time! Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!


11 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

That picture totally looks like she's laying an egg or something...SO funny!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Madison is getting to that stage where you will love doing more and more things with her!! It's so exciting when that first born child finally is old enough to "have fun". I can't wait to see you guys again!!

I'm jealous Madison's hair is long enough for even baby pigtails!!!

Jill said...

That picture of Madison is so funny! She does look like she's laying or hatching the eggs! Anyway, it looks like you had a fun Easter weekend. Your pictures are great and Madison looks adorable in her purple dress.

Rachel said...

Madison looks so pretty. Hunting eggs are so much fun.
(I got to see my old apartment in the background.)

Courtney said...

How fun! Easter isn't the same with out kids around. Madison looks so cute! When do you guys move?

Jami Black said...

This week!

JoEllen said...

I like the picture of Madison "hunting" and making sure she didn't miss anything. She looks so darling in her purple dress and I think little girl pigtails are sooooo cute! You guys look like you had a great weekend. Easter is so fun with little ones!

The Shirleys said...

You look so cute in your Easter clothes!

The girls are so cute hunting for eggs. Bradley was like Maddy. He wanted to eat the treats inside each one before moving on to the next one. I have some funny video of it.

Your doing good if Madison is just now finding out about acorns. I don't think they are poisonus if you cook them the right way first. :)

Hillery said...

I'm new at this mom thing, but I'm amazed that Madison can actually look around for the eggs! I love that her basket is about as tall as she is!

Brittani Black said...

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful couple! Beautiful little girl! Beautiful Mom!
...& nice bother....I mean brother :)

Chelsea said...

You have such a cute family. Madison looks like she would be a great egg hatcher!

Tilane said...

Fun Easter times! How is the unpacking going? Are you all setled in?

BTW you've been tagged. Check out my blog for the ABC questions.