Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Madison's Birthday. . .and Brian had one too!

The highlight of the month so far has definitely been Madison's 1st birthday party. We held it at our home on Monday the 10th and combined it with playgroup. Aunt Brittani came over early that morning and set up a lot of the decorations!

Brian brought some butcher paper home from school for the kids to draw on. It was a big hit until we realized most of the kids were eating the crayons!

Linsay made another impressive masterpiece! The flower cake matched her decorations perfectly and everyone loved it! (Linsay I think you may have some business coming your way!)

I love the next few pictures demonstrating her stages of emotion during the present opening portion of the party. Here she is very excited and clapping at the sight of all the presents!


Realizing all the kids swarming to help with the process, she soon became very possessive! I can't believe how evil she looks here.


Like most children, her attention span does not last very long and soon she was tired of opening presents. She must be crazy-presents are the best!


Here are a few pictures of all the guests:







After lots of fun with all the kids and opening presents, Madison's favorite part arrived: Cake and ice cream. At first she had to scope it out and make sure this was really happening-I never let her eat a whole tray of sweets!

As soon as the realization sunk in, she was in heaven!

And the best part: Grandma came and played with me for four days!

And the day before we celebrated Brian's 26th birthday! Now just because his portion of the post is only two pictures doesn't mean that we weren't super excited but Brian hates having the spotlight and a dinner was all that I was allowed to do. Regardless, we had a lot of fun and enjoyed having a lot of our family there and awesome friends and neighbors-Marcie and Jamis! (We miss you tons!)

Brian enjoyed helping Madison practice for the big party except we let her go to town on fruit salad instead of sweets!






12 comments:

Jenni said...

What a cutie! I love her personality in all of those pictures, and that cake looks so good!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Happy Birthday Madison. You are the cutest Madison ever!!! She has the sweetest little face! A face that is sure to keep her out of trouble as she gets older!!

I love how you captured her emotions in all the pictures. The decorations and cake looked awesome. I hope Avery's cake turns out that good. Cross your fingers for me!!

And happy birthday to you too Brian! I didn't realize your birthday was so close to Madison's. That's cool.

The Shirleys said...

You guys were busy with birthdays! I love the pictures of Madison eating her cake. She is such a dolly! We just love her!!

Lyssa Beth said...

Happy Birthday again guys! That was a lot of fun and it turned out so cute! I can't believe how big she is!! She's such a cutie and I hope that her and my girls can play again! Roswell, here we come!!

Rachel said...

It's hard to believe how fast time goes by. She is so adorable. Happy Birthday Madison!

Rachel said...

and Brian too!

Kajsa said...

that was fun, thanks for having us come! madison is so cute! love all the pictures! looks like you did a great job for brians dinner too!

Christine said...

Happy, Happy Birthday (a bit late)!

Jill said...

Happy birthday to you guys! And Jami, you should post some pictures of the most romantic anniversary ever!

Jamie Smith said...

What a fun party! You did a GREAT job! Everything was so much fun, but I think Sal ate about 5 crowns.

Marcie said...

I am so sad that i had to miss the party. Well, I guess I can make up for it next year when she turns 2. Church wasn't the same without you guys. Merry Christmas!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Jami...thanks for the birthday card!! It was a fun week of getting mail with all the Christmas and Birthday stuff! Thanks for being an awesome friend to me. I can't wait to see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!