Saturday, September 15, 2007

Black Fun Family Facts

So I am always like a month late responding to tags-sorry Lyssa, but here goes!

Brian
*Born in Conroe, TX
*2nd to oldest with 3 sisters and one brother
*Was on the cover of the New Era in High School for the story his Mom sent in about him converting and baptizing his baseball coach
*He was voted "Most Likely to be a Model" in his senior class superlatives
*He loves sports, especially basketball and still tries to play as much as possible
*Graduated Valedictorian at Hempstead High School
*Studied at Blinn College, BYU Idaho, and finally graduated from Texas A&M in Spanish
*He is class president of his dental class (although I think he is known more as a clown!)

Jami
*Born in Austin, TX
*Oldest with one younger brother
*Also love sports and participated in Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Track, and Softball in high school
*Placed 5th in state in News Writing my junior year (I love to write although don't have time for it anymore)
*Voted "Class Favorite" in senior class superlatives
*Graduated 4th in my class at Smithville High School
*Haven't finished college (and will I?) but started out majoring in Civil Engineering. If I go back, I think I'd finish in business since it would be more practical in helping Brian run his dental practice.

Madison Avery
*Born in San Antonio, TX
*Born four days before our one year anniversary (we pretty much forgot about it since I didn't get home til' the night before)
*Loves to be around other kids (& Eric has taught her to be pretty aggressive)
*Hates dogs! She literally starts shaking, tries to climb even higher up mommy or daddy and sometimes acts like she is hyperventilating.
*I think she would rather eat her toys than play with them!
*We think she now wants to be a swimmer-all she does now is try and dive everywhere (and has acquired several bruises doing so)
*Her newest way to drive mommy crazy is grinding her teeth! I hate that sound!

6 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

I thought Madison was born in San Antonio. I obviously don't know you that well:)

I didn't know both you and Brian ranked so high in your classes. TWO brainy people in one house, what would that be like?:) I really enjoyed learning more about your family. Those were some really neat facts. We miss your family!

Jamie Smith said...

I think it's more of Madison making Eric aggressive! Did you see her tackle him yesterday. I think it almost made Eric cry. And don't worrry about taking a month to post your family facts. It took me like 2, but I'm done yippee!

Jamie Smith said...

That's funny, I didn't even notice that Madison was born in College Station until I read Jaime's comment. I think my brains went out with the baby.

Lyssa Beth said...

Ya I didn't know that either about Madison's birth! Geez, where was I? OH probably lying around somewhere sick when she was born...anywhooo thanks for doing my tag! I love finding out more about you guys! So where has she dove?! That's hilarious. It's so funny to see what each kid does. Ya good point on Business too. I wish I could help Joe with his practice once it comes along. I graduated in English so that doesn't really help me at all!

The Blaisdell Family said...

No...she was born in SA! I visited you in the hospital along with Lyssa. Right?? Or maybe YOU are trying to block that day out for the rest of your life:)

Jami Black said...

Okay so I am an idiot she was born in San Antonio. I guess you would all know you were all at the hospital.