Saturday, May 24, 2008

Catch Up!

Although my lack of posting would suggest that nothing exciting has happened in our lives for over a month, there has actually been a lot of highlights-I have just been sooo exhausted this pregnancy. What was the most exciting part of the last month? VISITORS! Jaime Blaisdell flew in from Idaho and the Smith's stayed with us during the Texas Dental Meeting. We even got to meet the infamous Katie-Lyssa's sister who came in for a visit as well-and she was such a blast. The good times started that week with baby showers, a head band party, a dental school carnival, and dinner at Rudy's.


(You would never guess that Lyssa and I don't have boys-we showed extreme talent during this "aiming" game)

Fun headbands we got at Kari Dawn's party.
This wall was a lot of fun-it was velcro! The kiddos enjoyed jumping in it.

And the best part was getting to dunk Brian-it was so cute though because Madison would cry every time he fell in!
Eric, Madison, and Dylan having fun at the playground area-They were hilarious and kept wanting to swing round and round. Madison eventually kind of passed out from being so dizzy-it was crazy!

This was only my second time eating at Rudy's-it was yummy but I don't think I'll go back til' after the pregnancy is over :) And the main event: The Twilight Party. It was so amazing and I couldn't believe how everything turned out.
Hillery and Jazmin came up with the most beautiful table setting!


Christine was the mastermind behind the delicious dinner and it was fabulous! I could not stop eating!


Lyssa, Katie, and Jaime
Hillery, Jill, and Jazmin
Amber, me, Jamie, and Christine
A group shot!
For decor, Lyssa made these very creative signs that had quotes from the book hung on the walls-this was one of everyone's favorites!
Jaime Blaisdell made these cute goodie bags with items that referred to details of the books. (Hillery also made an awesome CD with the author's favorite songs and some of her favorites).
Next came the Jeopardy game that Christine also made and she was an amazing host-I couldn't believe all the cool questions she came up with.
The finalists-Brian was no longer convinced that I wasn't addicted to the books when he found out I made it to the finals (Thanks again for your help Jamie!). Overall, it was such a fun night, probably one of the most memorable nights of my life-but it is easy to have such a good time when you are surrounded by amazing people!
The next day we went to a delicious bakery in the morning and headed to the Riverwalk-Paul was such a sport and watched Madison for me even though she was feeling sick-Thanks again!

Here we are on the boat tour!
I have enjoyed this many times but have never been in a group that was told to be quite by the "narrative driver." We all got a good laugh out of that.
The famous Alamo picture.
We all ate at Cafe Rio's which was very yummy!
After all that walking our feet needed some pampering so a few of us headed to get pedicures!
Little did Jamie and Jaime know, it was mainly a diversion to keep them busy while Lyssa and Jazmin decorated our house for a baby shower.


We all pitched in money for them so they wouldn't have to try and haul a bunch of gifts.
Jazmin, Chrissy, and Christine
Jill and Courtney
Jami, Jaime, and Jamie (so fun! I am sad to be the last one in San Antonio)
Rachel and Hillery.
That night the girls made cards and were creative and I watched! Then we watched the previous week's episode of "The Office" and chowed down on popcorn. It was such a fun weekend and I am so greatful for the friends I have made in San Antonio!
This past weekend we headed down to Hempstead to hang out with the family and I went to my high school friend Ashley's wedding in Brenham. It was so beautiful and a lot of fun to see a few friends from High School. Congrats Ashley and Josh!
Madison was so excited to hang out with Brian! I hope she enjoyed it because what looked like summer at the end of the semester has turned into longer hours than school due to studying for the boards! Poor guy-I don't know how he does it.

Madison loved hanging out with Eric and as shown above, when he would cough she would run over and pat his back-it was so adorable!
One of the greatest talents Madison has learned from Eric-his dancing moves! We love her "up and down bob" she does when dancing.
Isn't this the cutest picture of Eric!
The best part about summer-swimming! Madison loves the water and we go outside and play in the pool almost every afternoon! (I loved this model pose she gave)
Well, that is most what we have been up to over the past month-I will never do a post this long again I promise (definitely a pain!) Hope everyone is healthy and happy!

11 comments:

James & Kristen said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. :)

The Blaisdell Family said...

It just never gets old reading about the Twilight Party:) That was such a great time and you were such a great host for EVERYTHING!!

I love the picture of Madison tapping Eric on the back. So sweet! Little girls are so motherly right from the start.

And I'm jealous about the swimming! We STILL haven't been able to get out. Last weekend it was in the 90's BUT all the other days it's been around the 60's or low 70's. Too cold for me! Madison's swimsuit is adorable along with her "model" pose.

Miss you guys. Enjoy having Brian home a LITTLE bit more for the summer:)

JoEllen said...

Madison's swimming suit is super cute! I love that she and Eric are such good friends. Her hair is really starting to get long!

katie said...

Way to catch up and I agree with Jaime...it never get's old thinking back about the Twilight party! So much fun!

Anna said...

Wow, looks like you have had a lot of fun this month. That Twilight party looked amazing, what a fun idea.

Molly said...

wow, im tired after reading that!! you sound like you're having such a great time! i was sooo exhausted this last time too! call me!

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

What a month!!! Looks like you guys keep so busy but it sounds like so much fun. Hope you start feeling better....I voted girl!!

Courtney said...

It's about time you updated.. j/k Crazy times! fun that we are due like 2 weeks apart!

Jamie Smith said...

Wow, I think your post is almost as long as mine or longer! Of course I love everything because it was so much fun hanging out for the girls weekend and the pictures you have of Eric and Madison are adorable! I love the picture of Madison patting Eric's back! That is too cute! She is such a little sweatheart! I love her swimsuit too! You probably need to let Tigan know she needs a modest swimsuit though! Those aren't permitted! j/k!

Jill said...

Thanks for the update! I'll definitely be stealing some pictures of our Twilight party. Madison also looks so cute in her swimsuit. Love it!

Patrick & Amber said...

Hey! I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well! I love the Twilight books - I can't wait for the next one and the movie.